Friday, December 16, 2011

Messy Glory!


Yesterday was my day I volunteered in Molly's class. I am one of the room moms and next week we will be having our holiday party. I was trying to think of a craft for the class to do and I came across these snowmen from another mom that used to be a teacher. She and I used to teach second grade together many years ago. I love that the snowmen are looking up to the sky as if to see if it's going to snow or thankful for the snow that is falling.








But then I thought, wouldn't it be nice to get the kids into the picture with the snowman. So yesterday during their recess time, I went out with my camera, told the kids to look up to the sky and ask, "Will it snow?" They really enjoyed it...hands outstretched, faces to the sky, and some of them screaming the question, "WILL IT SNOW?!?"
















After taking all the pictures of the class, I started looking at them. They seemed familiar to me. I've seen pictures with arms outstretched before. I started looking through my pictures and there they were...my little Miss Molly.







Arms outstretched to pop bubbles...











Arms outstretched to dance...








Arms outstretched just for fun...










Arms outstretched for balance...






Arms outstretched to welcome others...






(one of my boys) 
Arms outstretched for holding on and knowing that you are close by...




Arms outstretched to say "we are here"...









Arms outstretched as if to say...Isn't this awesome? Isn't this beautiful? I am so thankful to be here!


In the children's book Each Little Bird That Sings, Uncle Edisto tells Comfort to:


 "Open your arms to life! Let it strut into your heart with all its messy glory!"


 Messy Glory!!! Hmmm...reminds me a little of Happy Chaos.


Today I will open my arms to life!  For fun, for dance, for balance, for welcoming someone, for holding on or just to say, "Isn't this awesome!"











No comments:

Post a Comment