Friday, May 4, 2012

Mondays and Monkeys in the Kitchen

So after trying to get a number of house projects completed over the past few weeks, a crazy spring sports schedule to juggle, and Molly's First Communion that was this weekend, I vegged out this past Monday. After getting the kids off to school, I sat and read a book, I watched an episode of Mad Men that I DVR'ed the night before and ate some leftovers from the weekend. I did do a little laundry and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher but that was about it. Before I knew it, it was time to pick up the kids. 


We have a small window of time after school on Mondays for snacks, homework, and a little bit of reading before it is time to go to CCD and then off to practices and games. 


So there we were in the kitchen, Molly had just made herself a bag of popcorn to eat while she sat on the couch to read. Ryan of course wanted some as well. He jumped on the counter to get a bowl out of the cabinet so he could have his share and I'm not sure if he lost his balance and fell, but the next thing I know I'm standing in my kitchen with a cabinet door in my hands instead of it attached to the cabinet. Deep breath and big sigh from me and a hundred and one "I'm sorries" from Ryan. I think he grabbed the handle when he lost his balance and just pulled the whole thing down. 








 A handyman has just come and gone with my cabinet door. I'm hoping he can repair it without the damage showing too much. As much as I would love to update the kitchen right now, it's just not in the budget.





So for now, not only do I have alligators in the bathtub, but I also have monkeys in the kitchen.







No comments:

Post a Comment