Thursday, March 15, 2012

Don't Miss the Rainbow

This post is two weeks behind...pictures of my sweet baby girl turning eight. Lately, I've been feeling like someone has hit the fast forward button and it's stuck and I can't get it back to normal play. Spring is especially busy for us. We have three birthdays all within a month of each other, Easter, spring break, regular season basketball has ended, travel basketball is beginning, baseball, soccer tournaments this weekend and then there is just the normal stuff that has to get done, like making dinner. As much as I love our family time, I do wish I had a cook at times to make dinner while I'm out chauffeuring all the kids around to their stuff. 





Birthday morning.


Dad was the Watchdog Dad for the day.


Messy faces after ice cream.


Yummy!


The daffodils arrived on Molly's big day.


A snap shot from my phone at 2:12...her birthday minute.




Thursday just happens to be my volunteer day so I snapped some shots before they came in from PE. It was a beautiful day.





I took these pictures with the instagram app on my phone which I really love.


Birthday night, cake and present time.







These pictures were taken on Saturday, March 3rd. I was trying to catch up on my project life journal cards and Molly really wanted me to take her to the tree with the tire like I took Ryan weeks before. I really wanted to finish recording our family memories that I had fallen so far behind on, but I had this little girl saying, "Please, Mama, can't we go?" I had a little girl who wanted to make memories in that moment, so we went.


These were also taken with the instagram app on my phone. "Look, mom, no hands!"


 Molly's signature pose, arms outstretched, loving life.





So on the day that I was sorting through pictures on the computer and trying to write my journal cards, there was a little girl standing by my side asking to go to the tire swing on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and while she was standing there, I remembered a quote I read a few days earlier in a book while shopping...



Sometimes you just have to stop what you are doing and enjoy the moment you are in or you will miss the rainbow.


No comments:

Post a Comment